The Accounts Assistant is predominantly responsible for preparing the accurate and timely information to enable the Assistant Management Accountant to produce management reports. The role ensures the timely production of accurate monthly journals and accruals and prepayments.
- Preparation and distribution of the monthly departmental cost reporting.
- Posting and reconciling of cash paid/received and liaising with departments to check this process is completed correctly.
- Preparation of monthly Cashbook reconciliations.
- Assistance with the preparation of the weekly Business Indicators reporting, and sales reports.
- Preparation of manual revenue adjustments e.g., cash discounts.
- Assistance with the preparation of monthly control accounts.
- Ensure purchase invoices are coded and unlogged in a timely manner.
- Processing and posting of the weekly wages reports.
- Assist the AR team weekly with invoicing, credits and cash allocation.
- Royalty reporting.
- Ad-hoc queries as requested by the Accounts Supervisor and other departments.