My client is a successful organisation based in the heart of Cheshire and are a specialist within their field.
Due to an exciting period of growth are seeking a Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer to join a vibrant established IT team.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day operation, monitoring, maintenance, and improvement of the corporate IT Infrastructure (Desktop, physical & virtual server estate, Local Area/Wide Area MPLS network and any other associated IT infrastructure).
The client is about to embark in a number of high-profile IT transformation projects to increase the reliability and resilience of systems whilst focusing on the improvement of the end user experience.
An example of duties:
- Ensuring availability and performance of IT infrastructure according to SLA’s.
- Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of production systems
- Strong Management of IT infrastructure projects.
- Working with external service providers including ISPs & technical partners.
- Support for Hyper-V 2016 and Windows server infrastructure.
- Support for VMWare environments for both virtualised back end servers and VDI Desktop environments (Horizon View)
- Strong knowledge of the Cisco UCS platform
- Support for Cisco/HP Aruba based networks and Dell SonicWall firewall.
- Support for Group Policy and Active Directory.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Azure & Office 365 cloud platforms (including private cloud).
- Layer 2 & Layer 3 switching knowledge (Cisco/HP Aruba preferred).
- Microsoft Windows Server from 2008 to 2016 (MCSA/MCSE preferred)
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Administering Active Directory, Group policy, DNS & DHCP
- Administering Firewalls (Dell SonicWall preferred).
- SAN administration experience (NetApp / PURE preferred).
- WAN/LAN networking experience gained in a multi-site MPLS environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
This role is a fabulous opportunity to work within a forward thinking, dynamic organisation in a supportive team. A perfect opportunity looking to take the next step in their career!