A fabulous opportunity for our client based in Stoke on Trent for a Part time HR & Recruitment Advisor. This role will be Office based, you will assess the skills, experience, and qualifications of potential job applicants and invite suitable candidates to become part of the business. You will also assist the HR Manager with HR related tasks. Good planning and organisational skills are a must to keep on top of recruitment and pressing HR issues. This role is of high importance in the successful running of the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receiving requests from the various departments within the business for new job availability
- Creating job postings and putting them up online on sites like Indeed
- Advertising job availability through online channels and other media
- Browsing social networking sites like LinkedIn for suitable job profiles with required skills
- Communicating by phone and email with job candidates to figure out things like availability and hiring time lines.
- Interviewing potential job candidates via Zoom / Google Meet
- Performing other assessments of job candidate’s skills, such as by giving a written test or hiring for a trial period, etc.
- Reading resumes/CVs, job applications, and cover letters and creating a mental picture of the applicant
- Judging applicants based on knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics.
- Reaching out to a number of applicants large enough to guarantee a more than satisfactory hire after interviewing.
- Recruiting candidates that mesh with the existing company culture.
- Recruiting candidates within a present time frame for continued business productivity
- Recruiting apprentices and trainees that have the potential to grow into skilled workers.
- Networking with industry professionals and employment agencies who may know suitable candidates.
- Writing offer letters and participating in negotiation over salary and job duties
- Assist with all HR procedures and processes.
- Request References for New Starters
- Keep Spreadsheets up to date and issue Reports.
- General Administration and Reception Cover / Holiday Cover
Qualifications and Experience
- A Minimum of 5 x GCSE’s Grade A-C (Including Math’s & English) or equivalent
- Administration & HR Experience or Qualifications
- Interviewing, eye for talent
- Good judge of character
- Be friendly and hardworking with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional telephone manner and attitude
- Must work well under pressure.
- Solid Computer skills
Standard working hours are negotiable.
You must have a solid background in recruitment and assessing the skills of a wide variety of positions including engineering and technical roles. Those without the relevant experience need not apply.