Our client based in Stoke on Trent are looking for an experienced Senior Account Manager to join their existing team.
The role requires candidates to have proven previous sales experience, a sound work ethic and the ability to build and develop excellent working relationships.
The company offer a longstanding, exemplary reputation, beautiful working environment and a supportive team. Benefits include good holiday and remuneration packages, bonus, discounts, flexible working and excellent pension structures.
This role is accountable for establishing, developing and maintaining a customer account base in a niche market. Proactively managing the sales of the clients products into the account base to exceed monthly profit targets and achieve Key Performance Indicators in line with the expectations set out by the client.
- Managing own performance against key performance indicators; including but not limited to Gross Profit, call activity, margin and traded accounts with the support of the Sales Manager
- Lead sourcing and qualifying new accounts with the potential to do business
- Targeting and profiling potential leads to establish opportunities for new business and encourage new customers to open an account
- Building relationships with the key stakeholders in the account base – maintaining regular contact to Introduce new manufacturers, products and technologies to customers to achieve sales growth
- Developing and demonstrating industry leading product knowledge and proactively keeping abreast of new trends / products in the market by attending product training, researching and self-study
- Building internal relationships to encourage synergy with other departments such as Commercial, Customer Service and Credit Control
- Maintaining a high performing work ethic in line with company values and management expectations
- Developing the skills to deliver ad hoc presentations where required such as covering for the Sales Manager or at customer meetings
- Attending side by side coaching sessions with the Sales manager. Agreeing and completing SMART objectives to increase productivity and improve performance
- Attending daily team meetings to learn about incentives and promotions and to communicate important product messages to entire account base
- Gathering and recording accurate, timely and relevant CRM data for it to be used to develop stronger relationships and maximise profit opportunity
- Ensure that monthly KPI’s are hit, i.e.; leads etc.
Skills and Experience
- Drive & enthusiasm
- Good understanding of margin and sales
- Be able to run reports in Excel and manipulate data
- Be a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer Service & Handling skills
- Confidence & determination to achieve targets
- Performance maximisation
- A proven track record of building relationships as an account manager in sales or in a similar role.
- Proven experience of achievement in a target driven environment
- Organisation skills – able to plan and prioritise own time and be self-motivated