Advocacy and Dementia Project Coordinator
Are you a Health & Social Care professional who strives to make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable people? Are you passionate about enabling people to have the best possible quality of life? We are seeking a caring, patient and driven individual to act as a Dementia Advocate as part of a community-based project in North Staffordshire.
As an Advocacy and Dementia Project Coordinator, you will be developing an advocacy project across the local area that will meet the needs of older people who are living with dementia. Your duties will mainly include:
- Provide direct advocacy support to service users
- Operate a referral system which will allocate cases as appropriate
- Monitor and report on the impact and effectiveness of the project
- Create effective links with relevant professionals across the local area
- Attend regular internal and external meetings
To be successful for the post of Advocacy and Dementia Project Coordinator, you will have ideally have previously worked in a similar position or meet the below requirements:
- Experience of managing own caseload within health and social care services
- Practical and professional experience of people with dementia
- Knowledge of social welfare and mental health legislations
- Understanding of the principals of advocacy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to confidently negotiate sensitive circumstances
- Must be a driver with access to your own vehicle
Although this is initially a temporary position until June 2020, there is potential that this will be extended to a permanent contract for the right person. You will also receive:
- Weekly pay
- £9-£10ph + Holiday pay
- Ongoing agency support from your dedicated consultant
- Strong career potential and job satisfaction
- No weekend working or unsocial hours
If you have the relevant experience and would like to learn more, then please contact Safer Hand Solutions and ask for Rebecca Quilliam-Brown. Alternatively, submit your application for consideration.
Please note, Safer Hand Solutions are acting as an employment agency on behalf of a client and by applying you agree to register with us and for us to hold your details on file. Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted, but may contact you in regards to any other suitable vacancies.