Are you passionate about promoting the welfare of children and families in your local area? Do you strive to make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable people? We are working with a leading children’s charity who are seeking a Clinical Psychologist to join their existing clinical team, working from their purpose-built research and therapy centre in North Staffordshire.
As a Registered Clinical Psychologist, you will be supporting the Psychology Team, in the delivery of effective clinical support through assessment, intervention and ongoing support to children and families accessing the service. You will be working office hours, Monday – Friday and your duties will mainly include:
- Managing a caseload of children and families
- Delivering specialist psychological assessments of children referred to the service
- Providing specialist knowledge and skills in the assessment and diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorders and other neurodevelopmental diagnoses where appropriate
- Exercising autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of a child whose problems are managed by psychologically based standard care plans
- Developing and delivering clinical workshops to children and families
To be successful for the post of Clinical Psychologist, you will have previously worked in a similar position or meet the below requirements:
- Doctoral level training in Clinical or Counselling Psychology
- Current HCPC Registration
- Experience of managing own caseload
- Experience of working with children with autism and /or complex needs/ LD
- Practical and professional experience in the private sector is desirable
As well as a highly competitive basic salary, you will also receive:
- Excellent working conditions
- State of the art premises and facilities
- Great work-life balance
- Support with CPD
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free exercise classes
If you have the relevant experience and would like to learn more, then please contact Safer Hand Solutions and ask for Rebecca Quilliam-Brown. Alternatively, submit your application for consideration.
Please note, Safer Hand Solutions are acting as an employment agency on behalf of a client and by applying you agree to register with us and for us to hold your details on file. Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted, but may contact you in regards to any other suitable vacancies.