My client is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to provide firewall security support for a large organisation in the Stoke-on-Trent area. The ideal contractor will be able to work autonomously and have previous on-site experience with CISCO to provide day to day operational support.
As a Network Security Engineer, you will be working alongside a small operational team of on-site engineers, providing dedicated support and operational services for cisco-based LAN and wireless Network. You will be required to work on site Monday-Friday, working 9am – 5pm, in a COVID secure environment, on an ongoing contractor basis.
The ideal candidate will hold a full UK driving licence, have great communication skills and be vigilant with documentation. They will also require:
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls
- Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching
- Cisco core and edge switching administration and support
- Cisco wireless administration and support
- Network and service monitoring and reporting
- Keeping up to date with knowledge of relevant technologies and accreditations in line with an agreed training plan
- Ensuring that security and controls are effective and adhered to for customer protection
- Ensuring documentation is up to date and relevant
- Investigations and performance monitoring
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis
If you have the relevant experience and would like to learn more, then please contact Safer Hand Solutions and ask for Rebecca Quilliam-Brown. Alternatively, submit your application for consideration.
Please note, Safer Hand Solutions are acting as an employment agency on behalf of a client and by applying you agree to register with us and for us to hold your details on file. Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted, but may contact you in regards to any other suitable vacancies.