We are proud to be working with a leading Accountancy & Tax practice based in Crewe, supporting them in their exciting plans for growth. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee Accountant who is looking to join an established, local firm and embark on the next stage in their career.
As a Semi-Senior Accountant, you will be assisting the partners and managers in the preparation of annual accounts and tax returns. You will be carrying out a broad scope of duties covering Bookkeeping, VAT, Financial Accounts, Taxation and Administration. Your main duties will include:
- Reconciling the key control data in the bookkeeping software with original documents
- Production of VAT Returns from a varied range of data
- Directly liaising with clients to ensure all needs are met
- Preparation of client annual financial statements
- Ensuring all working papers are complete, accurate and fully referenced
- Completion of tax returns
You will ideally be working in a similar role and have at least 2 years practice experience. You should have a comprehensive understanding of the industry and tax system but the successful candidate will be provided with in-house training to enhance their skills in the duties outlined above. You must also have the below skills and experience:
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and confident in liaising with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Ability to work prioritise and manage your own workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Be able to work in a dynamic, growing team with the confidence to work independently
- Be I.T. proficient with a good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with bookkeeping software and be adaptable in transferring knowledge from one system to another, where less experience is held.
Although formal qualifications are not required, the position would be ideally suited to someone who has been/is studying AAT.
You will be rewarded with a generous basic salary of £20k – £25k, as well as full study support and funding. You will also be provided with ongoing career development and progression opportunities – as well as offering an opportunity to attend outside tuition courses, first class in-house training is available from colleagues within the firm. You will be working from the modern, spacious offices with onsite parking and facilities.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to learn more, then please contact Safer Hand Solutions and ask for Rebecca Quilliam-Brown. Alternatively, submit your application for consideration.
Please note, Safer Hand Solutions are acting as an employment agency on behalf of a client and by applying you agree to register with us and for us to hold your details on file. Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted, but may contact you in regards to any other suitable vacancies.