Specialist Occupational Therapist
Are you passionate about promoting the welfare of children and families in your local area? Do you strive to make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable people? We are working with a leading children’s charity who are seeking an Occupational Therapist to join their existing clinical team, working from their purpose-built research and therapy centre in North Staffordshire.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will be supporting the Occupational Therapy Team, in the delivery of effective clinical support through assessment, intervention and ongoing support to children and families accessing the service. You will be working office hours, Monday – Friday and your duties will mainly include:
- Managing a caseload of children and families
- Undertake a range of assessments utilising Sensory Integration and MOHO approaches alongside other relevant frames of reference and models of practice as necessary
- Providing advice, resources, strategies and treatment programmes
- Communicate results of assessment and therapeutic findings with the multidisciplinary team
- Provide structured and unstructured workshops and individual assessment and interventions
To be successful for the post of Occupational Therapist, you will have previously worked in a similar position or meet the below requirements:
- Occupational Therapy Degree or equivalent and completed preceptorship
- Current HCPC Registration
- Post Graduate Training in Sensory Integration Level 3
- At least 2 years in post at Band 5 or equivalent
- Experience of working with children with autism and /or complex needs/LD
- Practical and professional experience in the private sector is desirable
As well as a highly competitive basic salary, you will also receive:
- Excellent working conditions
- State of the art premises and facilities
- Great work-life balance
- Support with CPD
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free exercise classes
If you have the relevant experience and would like to learn more, then please contact Safer Hand Solutions and ask for Rebecca Quilliam-Brown. Alternatively, submit your application for consideration.
Please note, Safer Hand Solutions are acting as an employment agency on behalf of a client and by applying you agree to register with us and for us to hold your details on file. Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted, but may contact you in regards to any other suitable vacancies.