Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Are you passionate about promoting the welfare of children and families in your local area? Do you strive to make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable people? We are working with a leading children’s charity who are seeking a Speech and Language Therapist to join their existing clinical team, working from their purpose-built research and therapy centre in North Staffordshire.
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will be supporting the Speech and Language Therapy Team, in the delivery of effective clinical support through assessment, intervention and ongoing support to children and families accessing the service. You will be working office hours, Monday – Friday and your duties will mainly include:
- Managing a caseload of children and families
- Undertake specialist assessments of communication, both informal and formal standardized assessments
- Providing advice, resources, strategies and programmes, as appropriate, using specialist skills and autism specific approaches where required
- Mentor parents, teaching staff and other carers in skill building communication and the development of nurturing language learning environments for children with speech and language need
- Communicate results of assessment and therapeutic findings with the multidisciplinary team
To be successful for the post of Speech and Language Therapist, you will have previously worked in a similar position or meet the below requirements:
- Speech and Language Therapy Degree
- Current HCPC Registration
- Postgraduate training or CPD in the area of Autism
- At least 3 years post registration experience, ideally with specialist client group
- Experience of working with children with autism and /or complex needs/LD
- Practical and professional experience in the private sector is desirable
As well as a highly competitive basic salary, you will also receive:
- Excellent working conditions
- State of the art premises and facilities
- Great work-life balance
- Support with CPD
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free exercise classes
If you have the relevant experience and would like to learn more, then please contact Safer Hand Solutions and ask for Rebecca Quilliam-Brown. Alternatively, submit your application for consideration.
Please note, Safer Hand Solutions are acting as an employment agency on behalf of a client and by applying you agree to register with us and for us to hold your details on file. Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted, but may contact you in regards to any other suitable vacancies.